This course is specially designed for off-road driving aimed at the Timber and Sugar Industry. The delegate will be shown all the relevant vehicle systems and how to apply them in varying off-road conditions by using the FUSO driving philosophy and techniques, with specialised focus on how to apply the FUSO product in difficult terrain .
- Discuss Technical Terminology related to the product.
- Discuss driveline & differential locks, cross axle and inter-axle diff locks, traction control and all relevant off-road systems with the emphasis on Safety.
- Conduct a vehicle walk around.
- Discuss different driving techniques - Sand, mud, gradients and rocks.
- Apply practical driving skills on gradients, sand driving, mud bath.
- Apply practical driving in off-road situations.
- Loading the vehicle in the Timber/Forestry and Sugar Industries.
- Securing the vehicle in off-road conditions.
- Identifying various lashing equipment and to include securing the load and safety.
- Offloading the vehicle – In the Timber/Forestry and Sugar industries.
The delegate will understand the product and gain knowledge of its functions. Improved productivity with more uptime. Improved maintenance costs. Improved safety.
Valid PrDP and correct licence to drive vehicle type.
1 Trainer to 4 Delegates.
Kindly note the following:
- Training Venue: Mercedes-Benz South Africa head office, 123 Wierda Rd, Zwartkop, Centurion Click here for directions
- Times: 08:00 to 16:00pm